Atmospheric Power Tap: Fact or fiction? We shall see.

The gif you usually find

The GIF you usually find

This item I am writing about in this post may seem far fetched, but it is worth trying out as simply to answer “does it work?”. I came across it while looking for information that led to the capacitive charger circuit I blogged about earlier this year. Some called this next arrangement a “Capacitive Charger” but it really isn’t that at all. In the realm of “free energy,” this one is about as close to realistic as most of those concepts get.

Below is a refined image of the Gif that seems to be everywhere now. While I do not have one of these set up as yet, I soon will at least give it a try to see if it is remotely viable. Anecdotal evidence suggests it could be.

Refined unit

Atmospheric power tap cleaned up and refined.


Most of the writers of the text that has been associated with it apparently have no idea how the Model A operated, and therefore no idea of how the ignition coil they used and how they varied from the more conventional “Breaker Point” ignition which gained wide adoption in the 1930’s onward. However some vehicles had used a positive chassis ground, and therefore a different coil otherwise externally marked the same way as the negative grounded vehicles.

My experiment: if it actually proves a viable “free energy system;” will test out the configurations shown below. At this point I have no idea how they will perform or which configuration will give the best results. At present I do not have a coil from a positive grounded vehicle, so I will simply try reversing the “+” and “-” terminals in one step and it can be inferred from there the correct polarity connections for the coils of the positive grounded chassis vehicles. Now some vehicles could operate with the incorrect coil polarities of + and – terminations, but their performance lagged in most cases. Some were marked “IGN” and “PTS,” they are few and far between these days, as these were the coils that were sold as “universal.”

Negative grounded vehicles had the “-” terminal going to the points on the distributor. This teminal is essentially common to the high tension secondary (or primary for this experimental setup) and the low voltage primary (secondary in this setup.). With the “+” terminal attaching to an ignition resistor with bypass at the ignition, or direct to a 12 volt source from the ignition, which introduces 2 other variable into the mix, but only one will be addressed as all the coils I have in hand are either buzz box types, or those that required an external resistance.

While I am not overly confident of results (my expectations are quite low on this, but I do have an open mind.). The capacitor I am most inclined to used for this is an old ceramic pulled the high voltage circuit of a tube TV set. These are often 0.1 or 0.01 and at least the size of US/canadian quarter, Bahaman “New Pence,” etc. That value is well within the range used in the original breaker point ignitions, which usually used 600 Working Volts DC rated capacitors. Those caps from that location in a TV set was usually 1000 to 3000 volts, with some even rated to 5000 volts. The capacitance they used was usually anywhere from 0.5 microfarads to 0.01 microfarads depending on the other components of the ignition system.

Since I have had positive anecdotal evidence first hand from enemal wire, that is what I will continue to use. the important point being to keep the loose end fromg rounding out. The higher off the ground you can make it the better, but I am choosing about a 10 foot level for height.

The hype of the text that is usually found with the GIF I found, looks to have been inferred from the publication I mention in the post I have about free energy systems in general; suggests 3 days to charge a car battery. I am doubtful about it being that short.

If you found this blog post by way of search engine, you should have a real good idea of the GIF I am talking about. I did make some refinements to the initial circuit to make it clearer what they they are trying to do. My variants are based largely upon that drawing. One important item I add that may not be marked in the images is 1N400X series rectifier. One “might” be adequate, but a pair or triplet will be used initially. Initially for the first attempts with it I will use a pair of 1N4007.

Since I know the voltage spikes may be quite high when the ignition coi’s magnetic field collapses, until I have a chance to take a measurement when it is in action, the 1N4007 has a peak inverse voltage rating of 1000 volts and should be up to the task.

Primarily, this rectifier is used as a blocking diode to prevent discharge of the battery through the coil. And to a lesser extent block the negative component of the initial energy spike should it go below the ground potential.

The variants and Model A coil variants are below

Model A style ignition coil variants.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Battery charger, Bedini, Capacitive charger, Capacitor charger, charger, Free Energy, Homebrew, lead acid batteries, Over Unity, Project, Renassaince, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.